Download PDF | Downoads: 36
Highlights:• Uberisation is the process of shifting buyer-seller interactions to a digital platform that creates added value for buyers and sellers through information technology.
• The main features of the business model built in the process of Uberisation are: reduction of buyers and sellers uncertainty, use of mobile devices, cutting out intermediaries, use of previously unused resources in the production.
• The resource allocation during Uberisation is managed by the "invisible hand" of the market. Unlike the free market, the key rules of interaction are set by the digital platform owner through which the exchange is made.
• In theory, there are several complementary approaches explaining why the Uberisation process is implemented efficiently in some segments of economy and not in others. These are the transaction cost economics, the tacit knowledge theory and the QWERTY effect theory.
• The Uberisation process is limited by the value of interaction transaction costs. Therefore, an "uber app" can be effective only if it indeed can cut such costs.
• The Uberisation process is effective when the interaction of the participants in the system is based on the explicit knowledge sharing. If implicit knowledge needs to be transferred, simplifying and standardizing the business process can only do harm.
• The Uberisation process implies full adjustment and "reengineering" of the existing market model. This suggests the need for overcoming resistance of actors who benefit from the existing institutional system, as well as the problem of network effects.
Abstract:In this article, the author analyzes the uberisation process and defines the main features of this business model. The basic approaches to the definition of the term “uberisation“ are considered. It is concluded that the uberisation process is to replace the hierarchical intra-corporate relations to the horizontal market relations. An analysis was made of theoretical approaches to determining the possibility of such replacing: the transaction cost economics, the information asymmetry theory, the tacit knowledge theory and the QWERTY effect theory. The uberisation process efficiencies and its limits were determined.
Keywords:and the digital economy, asymmetric information, information economy, transaction costs, uberisation
JEL-Classification: D02, D47, L26
References (transliterated):Anokhov I.V. (2017). Vliyanie institutov na nauchno-tekhnicheskiy progress [The Impact of Institutions on Scientific and Technological Progress]. Istoriko-ekonomicheskie issledovaniya. 18 (4). 719-735. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2308-2588.2017.18(4).719-735.
Balashova M.A. (2013). O soderzhanii ponyatiya [On the content of the notion "information" and nature of information interaction]. News of the Irkutsk State Economic Academy (Scientific Journal of Baikal State University). (4). 16-22. (in Russian).
Coase R.H. (1937). The Nature of the Firm Economica. 4 (16). 386-405.
Devid P. (2007). Klio i ekonomicheskaya teoriya QWERTY [Clio and the economic theory of QWERTY] Moscow: Izd. dom GU VShE. (in Russian).
Nonaka I., Takeuchi Kh. (2011). Kompaniya – sozdatel znaniya. Zarozhdenie i razvitie innovatsiy v yaponskikh firmakh [The company is the Creator of knowledge. The origin and development of innovation in Japanese firms] M.: Olimp-Biznes. (in Russian).
Nort D.K. (1997). Institutsionalnye izmeneniya: ramki analiza [Institutional change: a framework for analysis]. Voprosy Ekonomiki. (3). 6-17. (in Russian).
Polanyi M. (1966). The Tacit Dimension London: Routledge & Kegan Paul.
Polterovich V.M. (1999). Institutsionalnye lovushki i ekonomicheskie reformy [Institutional traps and economic reforms]. Economics and the Mathematical Methods. 35 (2). 3-20. (in Russian).
Popova I.V., Khuseynova A.A. (2017). «Uberizatsiya» rossiyskoy ekonomiki: tsel, nedostatki, preimuschestva, perspektivy ["uberization" of russian economy: purpose, weaknesses, advantages and prospects]. Molodoy issledovatel Dona. (4(7)). 165-168. (in Russian).
Rudyakov V.A. (2011). Otsenka effektivnosti v usloviyakh provalov rynka i institutov (evolyutsionnyy podkhod) [Efficiency assessment in conditions of failures of market and institutions (evolutionary approach)]. News of the Irkutsk State Economic Academy (Scientific Journal of Baikal State University). (6(80)). 27-31. (in Russian).
Safiullina A.M. (2017). Uber biznes-modeli elektronnoy kommertsii [Uber e-Commerce business models]. The Economic vestnik. (3). 89-99. (in Russian).
Sizova I.L., Khusyainov T.M. (2018). Uberizatsiya i formirovanie setevoy struktury zanyatosti [Uberization and formation of network employment structure]. Izvestiya Tulskogo gosudarstvennogo universiteta. Gumanitarnye nauki. (1). 80-88. (in Russian).
Sukhodolov A.P., Kolpakova L.A., Spasennikov B.A. (2017). Problemy protivodeystviya prestupnosti v sfere tsifrovoy ekonomiki [Issues of Counteracting Crimes in the Sphere of Digital Economy]. Vserossiyskiy kriminologicheskiy zhurnal. 11 (2). 258-267. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2500-4255.2017.11(2).258-267.
Trofimov E.A., Trofimova T.I. (2018). K voprosu o diskriminatsii na rossiyskom rynke truda [On the issue of discrimination in the Russian labour market]. Bulletin of Baikal State University. 28 (3). 419-425. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2500- 2759.2018.28(3).419-425.
Uilyamson O. (1996). Ekonomicheskie instituty kapitalizma: Firmy, rynki, «otnoshencheskaya» kontraktatsiya [Economic institutions of capitalism: Firms, markets, "relational" Contracting] SPb.: Lenizdat. (in Russian).
Vasileva A.A., Solodova N.G. (2018). Upravlenie proizvoditelnostyu truda nauchno-pedagogicheskikh rabotnikov [Performance management of scientific and pedagogical workers]. Labor and social relations. (3). 39-51. (in Russian). doi: 10.20410/2073-7815-2018-29-3-39-51.
Volchik V.V., Nechaev A.D. (2014). Teoreticheskie podkhody k identifikatsii transaktsionnyh izderzhek [Theoretical Aspects to Identification of Transactional Costs]. Journal of economic regulation. 5 (1). 26-38. (in Russian).
Yasinskiy Yu., Tikhonov A. (2007). Novaya informatsionno-povedencheskaya paradigma: konets ravnovesnoy teorii ili ee vtoroe dyhanie? [A new information-behavioral paradigm: the end of the equilibrium theory or its second wind?]. Voprosy Ekonomiki. (7). 35-58. (in Russian).
V Ispanii prodolzhaetsya zabastovka taksistov protiv Uber i CabifyTass.ru. (in Russian). Retrieved from https://tass.ru/obschestvo/5413329
Sredstva massovoy uberizatsiiKommersant.ru. (in Russian). Retrieved from https://www.kommersant.ru/doc/2924107
Totalnaya uberizatsiya: kak eto rabotaetSpark.ru. Retrieved from https://spark.ru/startup/wehive/blog/18798/totalnaya-uberizatsiya-kak-eto-rabotaet