Download PDF | Downoads: 23
Highlights:• The specific features of outsourcing are: 1) business process performed previously independently is transferred to the external environment; 2) long-term relationships between the parties; 3) supplier is fully responsible for the result.
• The effectiveness of business process outsourcing depends on the ratio of the external transaction costs value of supplier performance quality management and the extent of losses from his opportunistic behaviour.
• There is a risk of moral hazard due to the monopoly power of the service provider outsourced. This arises because of the high costs associated with a change in supplier.
• Outsourcing requires not only the information costs saving of interaction, but also the establishment of institutional mechanisms that prevent opportunistic behavior of suppliers, in particular, preventing the building of barriers to their customer attrition.
• Standardization of information technologies in the modern economy reduces the costs of interaction with external suppliers, which increases the efficiency of outsourcing.
• The increasing rate of change in the modern economy forces companies to increase the adaptability of organizational structure, which provides them an incentive to eliminate support business processes, by outsourcing them.
• The growth of information capacity of goods and services leads to increased opportunities for outsourcing, since the content purchase and consumption do not depend on the geographical location of the manufacturer and the consumer.
• Content production is associated with economies of scale. Therefore, it is more financially advantageous for companies to purchase them from a third-party supplier than to produce them on their own.
Abstract:The author analyzes approaches to definition of “outsourcing“ and defines its specific characteristics. The author identifies long-term relationships between the parties and the need for investment in particular assets as the basic specific features of outsourcing. The influence of informatization of economy on the outsourcing development is examined. Factors that encourage organisation to receive a motivation to transfer business processes to the external environment are identified. The author shows that in the information economy the outsourcing development is influenced by reduction of transaction costs, standardization of business processes and products, rapid changes in the external environment and increase in the information capacity of goods and services. The impact of these factors is analysed.
Keywords:firm adaptability, information economy, outsourcing, specific assets, transaction costs
JEL-Classification: D22, D23, D83
References (transliterated):Anikin B.A. (2003). Autsorsing: sozdanie vysokoeffektivnyh i konkurentosposobnyh organizatsiy [Outsourcing: creation of highly efficient and competitive organizations] M.: INFRA-M. (in Russian).
Anokhov I V. (2016). Firma kak idealnaya sistema [Company as a perfect system]. News of the Irkutsk State Economic Academy (Scientific Journal of Baikal State University). 26 (4). 541-549. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2500-2759.2016(4).541-549.
Becker G.S (1962). Investment in Human Capital: A Theoretical Analysis Journal of Political Economy. 70 (5). 9-49. doi: 10.1086/258724.
Bisikalo E.E. (2017). Organizatsionnye faktory konkurentosposobnosti firmy [Organizational Factors of Enterprise Competitiveness]. Bulletin of Baikal State University. 27 (4). 488-496. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2500-2759.2017.27(4).488-496.
Bylkov V.G. (2015). Zakonomernye transformatsii sprosa na rynke truda [Legitimate transformation of demand in the labor market]. News of the Irkutsk State Economic Academy (Scientific Journal of Baikal State University). 25 (3). 416-425. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/1993-3541.2015.25(3).416-425.
Chzhan D. (2017). Sovremennoe sostoyanie tsifrovoy ekonomiki v Kitae i perspektivy sotrudnichestva mezhdu Kitaem i Rossiey v oblasti tsifrovoy ekonomiki [The current situation in china''s digital economy development and the prospects of sino-russian cooperation in digital economy]. Power. 25 (9). 37-43. (in Russian).
Diamond P.A. (1971). Model of Price Adjustment Journal of Economic Theory. 3 (2). 156-168.
Kazarina L.A. (2018). Autsorsing funktsiy kak instrument povysheniya konkurentosposobnosti firmy [Outsourcing of Functions as a Tool of Increasing Company’s Competitiveness]. Baikal Research Journal. 9 (1). 9. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2411-6262.2018.9(1).9.
Khomutova O.O. (2017). Dinamika razvitiya autsorsinga uchetnyh funktsiy v Rossii [Development dynamics of accounting functions outsourcing in russia]. Ekonomicheskaya sreda. (3(21)). 20-24. (in Russian).
Kouz R. (1995). Priroda firmy [The nature of the firm] SPb.: Ekonomicheskaya shkola. (in Russian).
Macneil I.R. (1974). Reflections on Relational Contract Journal of Institutional and Theoretical Economics. (41). 541-546.
Sayfieva S.N., Bykadorov M.A. (2006). Teoreticheskie osnovy i evolyutsiya razvitiya autsorsinga [Theoretical bases and evolution of outsoursing]. Journal of Economic Theory. (3). 77-91. (in Russian).
Stigler Dzh. (2000). Ekonomicheskaya teoriya informatsii [Economic information theory] SPb.: Ekonomicheskaya shkola. (in Russian).
Sukhodolov A.P., Kolpakova L.A., Spasennikov B.A. (2017). Problemy protivodeystviya prestupnosti v sfere tsifrovoy ekonomiki [Issues of Counteracting Crimes in the Sphere of Digital Economy]. Vserossiyskiy kriminologicheskiy zhurnal. 11 (2). 258-267. (in Russian). doi: 10.17150/2500-4255.2017.11(2).258-267.
Tagarov B.Zh., Tagarov Zh.Z. (2018). Osobennosti informatsionnogo neravenstva v sovremennoy ekonomike [Specific features of an information inequality in a modern economy]. Creative economy. 12 (5). 543-554. (in Russian). doi: 10.18334/ce.12.5.39106.
Uilyamson O. (1996). Ekonomicheskie instituty kapitalizma: Firmy, rynki, «otnoshencheskaya» kontraktatsiya [Economic institutions of capitalism: Firms, markets, "relational" contracting] SPb.: Lenizdat; CEV Press. (in Russian).
Zolotareva S.E. (2017). Perspektivy razvitiya predprinimatelstva v sfere finansovogo autsorsinga v usloviyakh globalizatsii [Prospects for the development of business in financial outsourcing in the context of globalization]. Russian Journal of Entrepreneurship. 18 (18). 2653-2664. (in Russian). doi: 10.18334/rp.18.18.38307.
Autsorsing. Chto eto znachit?Iteam.ru. Retrieved from https://iteam.ru/publications/it/section_91/article_2026
Glossariy autsorsinga biznes protsessovStra-partners.ru. Retrieved from http://astra-partners.ru/images/docs/Glossariy_uslug_BPO.pdf
IT-autsorsing v mire i v RossiiBit.samag.ru. (in Russian). Retrieved from http://bit.samag.ru/archive/article/1707
IT-autsorsingTadviser.ru. (in Russian). Retrieved from http://www.tadviser.ru/index.php/Statia:IT-autsorsing.
Nanimaty frilanserov kompaniyam vygodno i vot pochemuHabr.com. (in Russian). Retrieved from https://habr.com/company/polyglot/blog/299884
Federalnaya sluzhba gosudarstvennoy statistiki: Informatsionnoe obschestvo. Retrieved from http://www.gks.ru/wps/wcm/connect/rosstat_main/rosstat/ru/statistics/science_and_innovations/it_technology