Abstract:Logical and graphical analysis, conducted by the author, shows that the assumptive cause of a medium-term economic cycle are the wave-like movements of profit rate. These fluctuations can be regarded as its outer
(visible) cause. The task of the further analysis is to reveal the inner (essential) cause for these wave-like fluctuations of profit rate.
Keywords:economic cycle, external cause of cycle, interference of waves of different lengths, profit rate, starting point for analysis, wave-like movements
References (transliterated):1. Keyns Dzh. M. Obschaya teoriya zanyatosti, protsenta i deneg. – M.: Gosudarstvennoe izdatelstvo inostrannoy literatury, 1949. – 398 s.
2. Kostyuk V.N. Nestatsionarnye ekonomicheskie protsessy. – M.: Editorial URSS, 2004. – 240s.
3. Rikardo D. Nachala politicheskoy ekonomii i nalogovogo oblozheniya. – M.: Ekonov : Klyuch, 1993. – 475 s.
4. Cherchill U. Muskuly mir. – M.: Eksmo, 2009. – 524 s.
5. Yamarone R. Osnovnye ekonomicheskie indikatory: ucheb. posobie / per. s angl. N. Zaporovich. – M.: SmartBuk, 2010. – 320 s.
6. Goals of development. – Paris: UNESCO, 1988. – P.21.