Abstract:The article is devoted to the quality analysis of economic performance forecasting. The author considers the simplest statistical techniques which are used to compare several predictions of a given indicator, as well as a set of tests that allow answering the question about the statistical significance of differences
between these forecasts.
Keywords:assessment of forecast quality, economic activity, economic indicators, forecasting
References (transliterated):1. Diebold F.X. Elements of Forecasting. – 4th ed. –
Thomson South-Western, 2007.
2. Diebold F.X., Mariano R.S. Comparing Predictive
Accuracy // Journal of Business and Economic Statistics. –
1995. – № 13 (3). – pp. 253–263.
3. Granger, C.W.J., Newbold P. // Forecasting Economic
Time Series, Orlando, Florida: Academic Press, 1997.
4. Meese, R.A., Rogoff K. Was it Real? The Exchange Rate –
Interest Differential Relation Over the Modern Floating–
Rate Period // Journal of Finance. – 1997. – 43. – pp. 933–
5. Morgan, W.A. A test for the Significance of the Difference Between the two variances in a Sample From Normal Bivariate Population // Biometrika. – 1939–1940. – 31. – pp. 13–19.
6. Stock, J.H. and M.W. Watson (1998a) A Comparison of Linear and Non-Linear Univariate Models for Forecasting Macroeconomic Time Series, NBER WP #6607, June.
7. Wilcoxon, F. Individual Comparisons by Ranking Methods // Biometrics Bulletin. – 1945. – 1 (6). – pp. 80–83.
8. Turuntseva M., Yudin A., Drobyshevskiy S., Kadochnikov P., Trunin P., Ponomarenko S. Nekotorye podkhody k prognozirovaniyu ekonomicheskikh pokazateley. – M.: IEPP, 2005.
9. Turuntseva M., Kiblitskaya T. Kachestvennye svoystva razlichnyh podkhodov k prognozirovaniyu sotsialno-ekonomicheskikh pokazateley RF. – M.: IEPP, 2010.