Abstract:The article compares the entry strategies of transnational corporations (TNCs) to the automobile markets of Russia and China in the context of approaches by J. Dunning and P. Buckley. The results of comparison reveal that TNCs mainly have a form of their own production in Russia, while in China they have a form of joint ventures with local companies. The model that best describes the methods used by TNCs to enter the considered markets should be a synthesis of models by J. Dunning and P. Buckley.
Keywords:automobile industry, china, methods of market entry, russia, transnational companies
References (transliterated):1. Arregle, J.-L., Hebert, L., Beamish, P., 2006. Mode of international entry: the advantages of multilevel methods // Management International Review 46 (5), 597–618.
2. Brouthers, K., 2002. Institutional, cultural and transaction cost influences on entrymode choice and performance // Journal of International Business Studies 33 (2), 203–221.
3. Brouthers, K., Hennart, J.-F., 2007. Boundaries of the firm: insights from international entry mode research // Journal of Management 33 (3), 395–425.
4. Buckley P. J. The strategy of multinational enterprises in the light of the rise of China // Scandinavian journal of management, 23 (2007).
5. Dunning, J. H., 1981. Explaining the international direct investment position of countries: Towards a dynamic or developmental approach // Review of World Economics, Volume 117, Number 1, 30−64.
6. Elektronnyy resurs. Rezhim dostupa: http://media.gm.com/media/ru/ru/gm/news.detail.html/content/Pages/news/ru/ru/2012/gm/01_25_gm_saint_petersburg.html
7. Elektronnyy resurs. Rezhim dostupa: http://media.gm.com/media/cn/en/gm/company.html
8. Elektronnyy resurs. Rezhim dostupa: http://www.faw.com/international/toyota.jsp