Abstract:Article considers funding mechanism of investment-banking institutes through REPO market, its identity, main aspects and problems.
Keywords:default risk, investment companies, investment insurance, REPO market
References (transliterated):1. http://www.sifma.org/WorkArea/DownloadAsset.aspx?id=21299.
2. Diamond, D., and P. Dybvig (1983): “Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity,” Journal of Political Economy.
3. Hordahl, Peter and Michael King (2008), “Developments in Repo Markets During the Financial Turmoil,” Bank for International Settlements Quarterly Review (December). P.37.
4. Hordahl, Peter and Michael King (2008), “Developments in Repo Markets During the Financial Turmoil,” Bank for International Settlements Quarterly Review (December). P. 39.
5. Report of Anton R. Valukas, In Re Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., et al. Debtors, Chapter 11 Case No. 08-13555, United States Bankruptcy Court, Southern District of New York, March 10, 2010.
7. Gorton, Gary and Andrew Metrick. “Securitized Banking and the Run on Repo” // Working paper, Yale School of Management. 2009.
8. GLOSSARIY terminov, ispolzuemyh v platezhnyh i raschetnyh sistemakh "Komitet po platezhnym i raschetnym sistemam Banka mezhdunarodnyh raschetov, dekabry 2001 g."
9. Duffie, D. How Big Banks Fail And What to do About It // Princeton University Press. 2010.
10. The Tri-Party Repo Market before the 2010 Reforms. FRB New-York. Staff Report no. 477. November, 2010.
11. Friedman, P. (2010): “Testimony of Paul Friedman Before the Financial Crisis Inquiry Commission”.
12. Investment Company Factbook 2010, Chapter 6.